China and Germany were the main trade partners of Ukraine in 2020
In 2020, Ukraine's total trade turnover amounted to $ 103.4 billion, which is $ 7 billion less than in the previous year (in 2019 - $ 110.5 billion).
China was the largest single nation trading partner of Ukraine for the second year in a row. Russia remains in third position.
Distribution during the 12 months of 2020:
- Imports to Ukraine amounted to $ 54.2 billion worth of goods (a decrease by $ 6.2 billion, -10.3%, compared to 2019).
- Exports from Ukraine amounted to $ 49.2 billion (a decrease by $ 0.85 billion, -1.7%).
Balance (difference between exports and imports): negative by $ 5 billion.
The countries with the largest imports to Ukraine:
- China - $ 8.3 billion.
- Germany - $ 5.1 billion.
- Russia - $ 4.6 billion.
Ukraine exported mostly to China - by $ 7.1 billion, Poland - by $ 3.3 billion, Russia - $ 2.7 billion.
The three most exported goods from Ukraine include:
- Grain - by $ 9.4 billion
- Ferrous metals - by $ 7.7 billion
- Fats and oils of animal or vegetable origin - by $ 5.8 billion
The following categories of goods were mostly imported to Ukraine:
- Mineral fuels, oil and its products: $ 8 billion.
- Reactors, boilers, machinery, equipment and mechanical devices: $ 6.1 billion.
- Land vehicles: $ 5.5 billion.
Source: Customs Service of Ukraine