5 new adoption services have appeared in Diia
Previously, it was possible to receive advice on adoption on the portal, as well as to register as an adopter online.
5 new child adoption services have been added to the Diia platform. The First Lady of Ukraine, Olena Zelenska, announced this in a telegram.
"Earlier, you could get advice on adoption here and register as an adopter online. The new services will significantly speed up the meeting of families with children who need care and love," the message reads.
According to Olena Zelenska, from now on the portal you can use the following options:
- Adoption: apply for an extension of the application period to the adopter. This should be done by 10 working days before the end of the previous term.
- Adoptive parents, foster parents: registration as a candidate. Foster parents can raise up to 4 children, and foster parents in a family-type orphanage - from 5 children.
- Become the second foster parent or adoptive parent. You should submit such an application if one of your spouses is already registered as a candidate.
- Custody, care of a child: registration as a candidate. As the First Lady noted, guardianship is established over minor children up to 14 years of age, and guardianship over children from 14 to 18.
- Adoption: deregistration of prospective adopters. The application can be submitted online or offline.
Olena Zelenska noted that filling out data on the portal takes about 30 minutes. After that, the children's service will process the request and conduct an inspection. All necessary documents will be pulled from the registers automatically.
The first lady added that raising children in families and not in orphanages is one of the requirements for Ukraine's accession to the EU.
"And we are relentlessly moving towards this goal by simplifying procedures. However, the most important thing for us is not a formal commitment. The most important thing is the child's right to have a family, and loving parents. A child's right to be happy. We are fighting for him, getting rid of children's boarding schools in favor of families," said Zelenska.
The project was implemented thanks to the initiative of Daria Gerasymchuk, the authorized adviser to the President of Ukraine on child rights and child rehabilitation, the Ministry of Social Policy of Ukraine and the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine with the support of the United Nations Children's Fund (UNICEF) and the United Nations Development Program in Ukraine with the financial support of Sweden.