Lockdown in Ukraine on Jan 8-24: Regulations
The Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine announced introduction of a strict lockdown from 8 to 24 January 2021. In total, the restrictions will last 16 days.
What will be banned amid lockdown
This month, Ukrainians will face new restrictions, but they will not be as strict as during the spring lockdown in 2020.
- Educational institutions will not work, except for kindergartens. Education will be available online.
- Cafes, bars, restaurants, and all catering establishments will operate for takeout and delivery only.
- Only those establishments whose work is permitted will work in shopping and entertainment malls.
- Any public, entertainment, sports and social events, concerts will not be held.
- Cultural institutions, theaters, and cinemas will be closed.
- Gyms, fitness centers, swimming pools will not work.
- Non-food markets will be closed
What will be allowed
During the new quarantine, the following will be allowed:
- trade in food products;
- work of pharmacies and veterinary pharmacies;
- work of medical institutions;
- sale of hygiene products, communications equipment, animal feed;
- repair and maintenance of vehicles;
- gas stations without food zones;
- operation of banks and ATMs;
- the work of post offices;
- reception of clients in beauty salons and hair salons and barbers by appointment;
- the work of hostels and hotels (with limited time for serving breakfast);
- sports events without spectators.
The transport services in Ukraine will not be halted from January 8 to January 24. All urban, intercity and interregional transportation by any type of transport will operate as usual. Transport will carry people only when seats are available.