Operational information on 22.09.2022
The two hundred-eleventh (211) day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to a Russian military large-scale invasion continues.
The enemy continues to focus its efforts on attempts to fully occupy the Donetsk region, organize defence and maintain the captured territories, and also tries to disrupt the active actions of the Defence Forces in certain directions. It ires at our positions along the contact line, takes measures to regroup his troops, and constantly conducts aerial reconnaissance.
The enemy continues to attack civilian infrastructure and residential buildings, terrorizing the civilian population. The threat of air and missile strikes remains for the entire territory of Ukraine.
Over the course of a day, the enemy launched 4 missile and 17 air strikes, carried out more than 24 shelling with MLRS on military and civilian objects on the territory of Ukraine, violating the norms of International Humanitarian Law, the laws and customs of warfare.
The infrastructure of more than 30 settlements was affected, including Pryshyb, Spirne, Vesele, Maryinka, Bakhmut, Kostyantynivka, Neskuchne, Poltavka, Ehorivka, Bezymenne, Bilohirka, Zaporizhzhya, Kryvyi Rih, Pervomaisk, Mykolaiv, Ochakiv, Vysokopillya, Sukhyi Stavok and Mirolyubivka.
The situation in the Volyn and Polissya directions has not changed significantly.
In other directions, the enemy continues shelling from tanks, mortars and artillery:
- in the Siversk direction - in the area of Shalyhyne, Volfyne, Yizdetske and Myropilske settlements of the Sumy region;
- in the Slobozhansk direction - in the areas of the settlements of Hlyboke, Strilecha, Morokhovets, Vesele, Sotnytskyi Kozachok, Vovchansk, Hatyshche, Dvorichna, Husynka, Kamyanka, Kupyansk, Artilne, Osynove and Mikhuvatka;
- in the Kramatorsk direction - Bohorodychne, Yatskivka, Yarova, Tetyanivka, Sviatohirsk, Pryshyb, Slovyansk, Platonivka, Donetske, Sydorove, Zakitne, Ozerne, Shchurov and Raihorodok;
- in the Bakhmut direction - Siversk, Spirne, Zvanivka, Mykolayivka, Rozdolivka, Soledar, Bakhmutske, Bakhmut, Vesela Dolyna, Odradivka, Vesele, Bilohorivka, Rozivka, Zaitseve, Yakovlivka, Mayorsk;
- in the Avdiyivka direction – Krasnohorivka, Avdiyivka, Kamianka, Opytne, Maryinka, Vodyane and Novomykhailivka;
- in the Novopavlivsky and Zaporizhzhya directions, the enemy did not carry out active operations but at the same time, carried out artillery fire on the settlements of Mykilske, Vuhledar, Volodymyrivka, Prechystivka, Novoukrainka, Velyka Novosilka, Neskuchne, Vremivka, Pavlivka, Mala Tokmachka, Hulyaipilske, Zaliznychne, Poltavka, Novopil and Novosilka
More than 37 settlements were affected by fire in the South Bug direction.
The enemy is trying to keep the situation in the temporarily occupied territories under its control. In Kherson, the administrative and police regime is being strengthened, and inspections of settlements and psychological pressure on local residents are being carried out.
The work on the preparation and holding of the so-called "referendum" on the temporarily captured territories of Ukraine was intensified. Thus, in the settlements of the Kherson region, representatives of the Russian occupation authorities, under the pretext of quality distribution of humanitarian aid, are trying to obtain their personal data from local residents. The formation of the so-called "election commissions" continues.
In the city of Starobilsk, Luhansk region, the occupation authorities forbade the local population to leave the city between September 23 and 27. According to available information, the occupiers are creating armed groups to go around homes and force people to participate in the so-called "referendum". Preparations are being made for filming by propaganda media stories about such "active participation of local residents in voting".
In the temporarily captured territory of the Zaporizhzhya region, local residents are promised cash rewards and household appliances for providing passport data and obtaining citizenship of the Russian federation.
During the current day, units of the Defence Forces repelled enemy attacks in the areas of the settlements of Kupyansk, Zaitseve, and Novomykhailivka.
During the day, the aviation of the Defence Forces hit ten areas of concentration of enemy manpower and military equipment and two positions of anti-aircraft missile systems.
In addition, our air defense units destroyed two UAVs of the occupiers. Missile troops and artillery during the current day inflicted fire damage, in particular, on four command and control points, two areas of concentration of personnel and military equipment, three air defence positions, artillery positions, as well as three ammunition depots.
We believe in the Armed Forces!
Glory to Ukraine!