"Support to Ukraine's Digital Policy" has been launched
A new 3-year EU technical assistance project, "Support to Ukraine's Digital Policy," was launched. The amount of support will be 2,523,000 euros.
The purpose of the technical assistance project is to support the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine and the National Commission for State Regulation of Communications and Informatization as key state bodies in ensuring integration into the EU Digital Single Market, approximation and implementation of state policy in the digital economy. Association agreements between Ukraine and the EU.
The project envisages:
- Assessment of current and planned legislation, as well as state policy on its compliance with the EU regulatory framework
- Technical assistance in drafting relevant regulatory acts.
- Consultations on the formulation of digital economy development processes.
- Enhancing the capacity of the staff of the Ministry of Digital Transformation and the NCSRCI on EU regulatory policy and practice in building the digital economy.
- Technical assistance in assessing the structural and financial independence of the Regulator, its functions and administrative capacity.
- Integration of EU legislation in the field of digital economy into Ukrainian legislation.
- Development of normative acts on electronic communications and their integration into the legislation of Ukraine.
The inauguration of the project was attended by the Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine, the Directorate-General for Communication Networks, Content and Technology (DG CONNECT), the Delegation of the European Union to Ukraine, the National Commission for State Regulation of Communications and Informatization, the project manager and key experts.