Strengthening Telecom and Cybersecurity Resilience: Ukraine and Romania have signed an agreement on cooperation
The Ministry of Digital Transformation of Ukraine and the Ministry of Research, Innovation, and Digitization of Romania have signed an agreement for the development of electronic communications and cooperation in the areas of digitalization and cybersecurity.
The agreement, signed by the heads of the ministries, Mykhailo Fedorov and Bogdan-Gruiu Ivan, will facilitate the exchange of expertise between Ukrainian and Romanian specialists and enable the implementation of joint projects for the development of telecom infrastructure, digitalization, and cybersecurity.
Under the agreement, the parties have agreed to:
• Restore and modernize digital infrastructure affected by Russian aggression.
• Provide internet coverage to remote and hard-to-reach regions.
• Enhance the resilience and security of information and communication technologies.
• Strengthen cybersecurity for national networks and digital infrastructure.
• Develop cloud infrastructure for government electronic services.
• Launch 5G technologies in Ukraine and develop 5G corridors between the borders of Ukraine and Romania.
Additionally, the agreement allows Ukraine to participate in EU financial support programs.