After banning the entry of Serbian fans, Moldova did not allow Montenegrin boxers
The police of Moldova returned boxers from Budva, Montenegro, who were going to international competitions, from Chisinau airport. The Balkan Observer reports.
Five athletes and a coach went to the tournament, which will be held from February 15 to 17 in Moldova.
“During today’s trip, our team encountered an unexpected and unpleasant situation. Namely, at the Chisinau airport, the police did not let our team go to Moldova without specific explanations. After several hours of waiting, their documents were taken from them, and they were ordered to return on the first plane that leaves tomorrow at 9:00 a.m. to Istanbul, and only at 7:40 p.m. from Istanbul to Podgorica,” the club said.
“Unfortunately, the participation of our boxers in the international tournament “Pavel LUSCESCHII” ended before the start,” the club stated.
Earlier, the “Action and Solidarity” MP, stated that the special services had already prevented the first step towards the implementation of the Kremlin’s plan to destabilize the country – by not letting in Serbian fans among whom saboteurs were supposed to enter.
He reminded that a match between Serbia and Moldova football teams would be held in Chisinau this week. “At first, it was planned that fans of the Serbian team would arrive in our country. Thanks to the efforts of the Security Intelligence Service long before the information provided by Zelensky appeared, the Serbian national team will play in front of empty stands – because that is how they planned to bring in saboteurs,” said the deputy.