On August 13, 2021, the GogolFest team, to celebrate the 30th anniversary of Ukraine’s Independence, launches a cruise Mobile Youth Forum on the GogolTRAIN. The first train on the Kyiv-Odessa route is dedicated to the memory of Ukrainian artist Alexander Roytburd.
GogolTRAIN is a separate train that runs according to the schedule agreed with Ukrzaliznytsia. There are several categories of tickets – coupe and seat, in one or both directions; with or without tickets to the events to which the train goes. All information, details and opportunity buy a ticket on the website.
In each direction a special events from the GOGOLFest team and the festival to which the train goes are planned: musical, performative or educational events. The programmes are unique for each route and are developed according to the directions and corresponding events to which the train goes. The train has already made several routes at the GOGOLFest festival in Mariupol and Kherson.
The event is supported by the Ministry of Culture of Information Policy of Ukraine, the State Agency of Ukraine for Arts and Art Education, the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine and in partnership with Ukrzaliznytsia.
The aim of this project is to unite the country, create a dialogue and unite different regions around common peaceful values in building the future, developing interregional partnerships and supporting youth mobility.
What will be:
- Train decorated by the artists from all over the country!
- Compartment sleeping cars and seats, for which you can buy tickets in one or both directions. And the opportunity to buy a ticket to the festival
- Three festival cars: each train – is a special event from the GOGOLFest team. Musical, performative or educational events, thanks to which you can immediately find yourself in the atmosphere of a future event/festival
- 6 cities: Odessa, Kamyanets-Podilsky, Kherson, Kharkov, Lviv, Dnipro.
Schedule and direction:
- Odesa International Film Festival, Odessa (13.08.21 Kyiv-Odessa / 21.08.21 Odessa-Kyiv);
- Respublica Fest, Kamyanets-Podilsky (27.08.21 Kyiv-Kamyanets-Podilsky / 29.08.21 Kamyanets-Podilsky – Kyiv);
- Dream GOGOLFest, Kherson (03.09.21 Kyiv-Kherson / 05.09.21 Kherson-Kyiv);
- Parade Fest, Kharkiv (10.09.21 Kyiv-Kharkov / 12.09.21 Kharkov – Kyiv);
- Book Forum, Lviv (17.09.21 Kyiv-Lviv / 20.09.21 Lviv-Kyiv);
- DniPRO GOGOLFest, Dnipro (01.10.21 Kyiv-Dnipro / 03.10.21 Dnipro-Kyiv).
GOGOLFEST is an international multidisciplinary festival of contemporary art, which demonstrates and combines modern theatre, music, cinema, performance, educational, visual and children’s programmes in one time.
It was founded in 2007 and was held in Kyiv until 2017, and in 2017 it started travelling in Ukraine. Today, the festivals are held in Dnipro, Mariupol, Kherson, Ivano-Frankivsk and Vinnytsia. Each city has its own GOGOLFEST, it adapts to the local specifics and is in tune with the energy of the place where it takes place. In 2019, GOGOLFEST entered the top five festivals in Europe (EFFE Awards 2019-2020)
In every city where the festival took place, it has a chance to be repeated every year. It depends on the synergy and perseverance of the local community and the GOGOLFEST team.
All information and details on the website gogolfest.org. The numbr of seats are limited.