International financial institutions and Ukrainian government members meet in London to plan the reconstruction of Ukraine
On the 1st of December, it will be held in London the Ukrainian Infrastructure Forum, organised by the Strategy Council, an organisation developing networking across business communities, primarily in the emerging European economies.
Rebuilding Ukraine will be a monumental task and require unprecedented levels of financing. The process has already begun with a broad coalition of partners committing to redeveloping the country: multinational organisations, individual countries, international financial institutions and the private sector.
The Ukrainian Infrastructure Forum has been convened to provide an independent platform to bring together all stakeholders for a timely discussion of what the requirements are in the reconstruction process.
Among the many critical and timely issues to be covered are:
- The Roadmap to a Green, Digital and Sustainable Future for Ukraine: The importance of “Build Back Better”.
- Outlining the key pillars of the government’s National Recovery Plan and creating the mechanism to marry the various programmes and stakeholders together.
- Measures to ensure that good governance and oversight, maximum transparency, the rule of law and judicial reform will be central pillars for the flow of funding of the rebuilding process.
- Identifying priority areas for investment in reconstruction: urban infrastructure, bridges, social infrastructure including schools, educational institutions and hospitals, real estate including housing, commercial, energy and agricultural infrastructure.
- How to ensure that the private sector’s experience and expertise in project management and financial discipline can be utilised in Ukrainian infrastructure projects.
- Utilising The PPP and Concession Models To Channel Investment Into The Restoration And Modernisation Of Ukraine’s Transport Infrastructure.
During the conference a donation will be made to the United24 fundraising platform from the revenue of the conference. Ukrainian companies, whose activities and revenue have been impacted by the invasion, are encouraged to contact us directly and we will extend to them the best possible discounts to enable their participation.
The British establishment will be represented by the Baroness Meyer CBE, Prime Minister’s Trade Envoy to Ukraine, House of Lords.
Among the top Ukrainian officials will be Oleksandra Azarkhina, Deputy Minister of Infrastructure of Ukraine, and Oleksandr Gryban, Deputy Minister of Economy of Ukraine. The Ambassador of Ukraine to the UK Vadym Prystaiko, will escort them. Many renowned financial institutions like EBRD, represented by Susan Goeransson, Director, Head of Infrastructure, will attend together with representatives of international law firms.