Operational information on 29.10.2022
The two-hundred-forty-eights (248) day of the heroic resistance of the Ukrainian people to a Russian military large-scale invasion continues.
The enemy is trying to hold the temporarily captured territories, and concentrates efforts on restraining the actions of the Defense Forces in certain directions, while at the same time not stopping offensive operations in the Bakhmut and Avdiivka directions.
The enemy continues shelling units of the Defence Forces along the contact line, carries out fortification equipment of the lines in separate directions and conducts aerial reconnaissance. Strikes critical infrastructure and civilian homes, violating international humanitarian law, laws and customs of war.
During the day, the enemy launched 5 missiles and 7 air strikes, carried out more than 29 MLRS attacks.
Enemy attacks hit areas of more than 15 settlements. In particular, Slovyansk and Siversk in the Donetsk oblast and Novooleksandrivka in the Kherson oblast.
The situation in the Volyn and Polissya directions has not changed significantly. The Republic of Belarus continues to support the armed aggression of the Russian Federation against Ukraine. The threat of missile strikes and the use of attack UAVs from the territory of the Republic of Belarus remains.
The enemy shelled in other directions:
- in the Siversk direction – from mortars, in the areas of Rozhkovychi and Budky settlements of the Sumy region;
- in the Slobozhansk direction – from mortars, barrel and jet artillery, in the areas of the settlements of Vovchansk, Veterynarne, Vilkhuvatka, Hatyshche, Hryhorivka, Dvorichna, Starytsa, Ohirtseve, Strilecha, and Chuhunivka;
- in the Kupyansk and Lyman directions – from the artillery of various types, in the areas of the settlements of Kislivka, Tabayivka, Berestove, Nevske, Olhivka, Novoyehorivka, and Yampolivka;
- in the Bakhmut direction – from tanks, mortars, barrels and rocket artillery, in the areas of Andriivka, Bakhmut, Bakhmutske, Bilohorivka, Zvanivka, Siversk, Soledar, Zarichne, New York, Vasyukivka and Serebryanka settlements;
- in the Avdiivka direction, the enemy inflicted fire damage in the areas of the settlements of Avdiivka, Nevelske, Vesele, Vodyane, Maryinka, Novomykhailivka, Pervomaiske and Opytne.
The occupiers did not conduct active offensive actions in the Novopavlivsk and Zaporizhzhia directions. Shelling from mortars, barrel and rocket artillery was recorded in the areas of Vuhledar, Velyka Novosilka, Vremivka, Hulyaipole, Zaliznychne, Pavlivka, Olhivske, and Chervone settlements.
Nikopol and Vyshchetarasivka of the Dnipropetrovsk oblast were directly affected by rocket and barrel artillery fire in the South Buh direction.
The vehicles that were in the communal property of the city of Kherson were moved by the invaders to the temporarily occupied Crimea. Information regarding the removal of medical preparations from most pharmacies in the city is confirmed. Since October 26 of this year, the occupation authorities suspended the medical staff of several city hospitals, the medical equipment from which the Russian occupiers took away.
Under the pretext of preparing for the defence of the city of Nova Kakhovka, the Russian military is conducting a forced evacuation of the local population from the streets located on the banks of the Dniepr River.
According to available information, the illegal armed formations of the Luhansk region’s temporarily occupied territory have significant financial support problems. Militants do not receive assigned payments.
Aviation of the Defense Forces of Ukraine struck the enemy 17 times during the day. 11 of them – in areas of concentration of weapons and military equipment, 3 – in platoon strongholds, and 3 – in positions of enemy air defense complexes. In different directions, Ukrainian air defense shot down an enemy Kh-59 guided missile and 2 Orlan-10 unmanned aerial vehicles.
During the current 24 hours, units of missile troops and artillery hit 4 areas of concentration of weapons and military equipment, 2 ammunition warehouses, an anti-aircraft missile installation and 6 other important military objects of the occupiers.
Glory to Ukraine!