The NAPC has already identified more than 16,000 people to expand the sanctions list of partner countries
The National Agency for the Prevention of Corruption (NAPC) has identified more than 12.7 thousand individuals and 3.4 thousand legal entities involved in the aggression against Ukraine to impose international sanctions.
Recently, the NAPC added to the list of persons subject to international sanctions:
- management of EU and US-sanctioned banks. Among others - the management of Alfa-Bank and Sberbank of Russia;
- TOP companies in Russia and their management;
- former Federal Chancellor of Germany and, until recently, Chairman of the Board of Directors of Rosneft PJSC Gerhard Schroeder;
- the beneficiary of the Kalashnikov concern Alan Lushnikov;
- well-known propagandists who spread the Kremlin's narratives - British journalist Phillips Graham William and video journalist, former US Navy sailor Patrick Lancaster.
- Anatoly Chubais.
Since the beginning of the war, the NAPC has been assisting the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine in identifying those who support the war, expanding sanctions lists in foreign jurisdictions, prosecuting, blocking assets, and recovering for Ukraine and its citizens.
The NAPC sends the list of persons subject to international sanctions to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Office of the Prosecutor General.
Full lists of people who are still not under sanctions, but contribute to the continuation of the war against Ukraine, are posted on the portal "War & Sanctions", which is the main database of sanctions imposed by the Russian attack to Ukraine.
The "War and Sanctions" website engages citizens in the sanctioning process, and gives people power to hold accountable the people fueling Russia’s war against Ukraine. It follows in the epistolary tradition of the classic novel that shares a similar name.
On this website you can find:
- information on individuals and entities subject to sanctions
- information on individuals and entities that are likely to be subjected to sanctions
- a tool for citizens to call on world governments to impose sanctions
- information on assets of sanctioned individuals
Also on the portal there is an opportunity:
- compare sanctions lists by country and category (eg politicians, military, oligarchs, propagandists and stars),
- report on the assets of sanctioned persons and call for more sanctions by disseminating information about a specific person on social networks.
The "War & Sanctions" portal was created by the NAPC and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.