The Ukrainian delegation at the Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival
Photo: Lucky Girl by Marysia Nikitiuk
The Odesa International Film Festival became a partner of the Ukrainian delegation at the Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival. The participation of the delegation is organized with the support of the Goethe Institute.
In the main competition of the Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival will be the world premiere of the Ukrainian-Italian film "Jailbird" directed by Andrea Magnani and "Lucky Girl" by Marysia Nikitiuk. Also the international premiere of Ukrainian film "Sashenka" by Olexandr Zhovna will take place within the framework of the festival.
Shorts Animation Competition section presents Ukrainian animation _Imaginary landscapes _by Mykyta Lyskov. And in the Shorts Live-Action Competition section, a short film _Teatralna station _by Alina Panasenko is presented.
During the festival, a special screening of Antonio Lukic's film "Luxembourg, Luxembourg" will take place. Also, within the Script Pool section, there will be a presentation of the "Home" project by Or Sinai, a joint production of Israel and Ukraine. And at the Co-Production Market, the projects "Blindsight" by Ruslan Batytskyi and "Cherry Blossom" by Marysia Nikitiuk will be presented.
At the TV Beats Forum & Co-Financing market, a Ukrainian section will be held, during which four feature film projects that are at the Work in Progress stage will be presented:
- Diagnosis: Dissident, dir. Denis Tarasov, prod. Artem Koliubaiev, Taras Bosak, Valeria Ivanenko, Ukraine
- Dissident, dir. Stanislav Gurenko, Andriy Alferov, prod. Oleksandr Omelyanov, Andriy Osipov, Julietta Sichel, Ukraine/Czech Republic
- Lessons of Tolerance, dir. Arkadii Nepytaliuk, prod. Serhiy Lavrenyuk, Ukraine
- Region of Heroes, dir. Artur Lerman, prod. Aleks Komarovskii, Ukraine
And also 4 serial projects that are under development will be presented:
- Boyarka by screenwriter Olga Gibelinda and producers Olga Gibelinda, Ivanna Khitsinska, Ukraine
- My Heart Is Steal by screenwriter Alina Semeriakova and producer Nataliia Strybuk, Ukraine
- Unspoken by screenwriters Zhanna Ozirna, Filip Syczynski and producers Anna Rozalska, Natalia Libet, Dmytro Sukhnov, Poland/Ukraine
- No Name Project by screenwriter Dmytro Kitsay and producers Egor Olesov, Pavel Cherepin, Ukraine
Also a panel discussion "Financing the Ukrainian audiovisual sector – possibilities and perspectives" will be held on November 22. The experts will discuss the future of European cinema, taking into account the challenges caused by the war. In particular, the issues of opportunities for co-production with Ukraine and the integration of Ukrainian filmmakers into the European context will be considered.
The discussion will be attended by:
- Edith Sepp, CEO of Estonian Film Institute vice-president of EFADs, the association of European film funds
- Laimonas Ubavičius, Director (CEO), Lithuanian Film Centre
- Nataša Bučar, Managing Director, Slovenian Film Centre
- Artem Koliubaev, Head of Council for State Support of Cinematography (Ukraine)
- Anna Machukh, Co-founder and Executive Director of Ukrainian Film Academy, Managing Director of Odesa International Film Festival
Moderator: Simona Baumann, Managing Director of German Films, the German film promotion agency.
Tallinn Black Nights Film Festival lasts until November 27.