The Ukrainian startup delegation successfully presented the innovation ecosystem at the International Technology Conference - TECHBBQ 2022
One of the largest technology and entrepreneurship events in Europe, TechBBQ 2022, took place in Copenhagen, Denmark.
This year, the conference was held on September 14-15 for the tenth time and was dedicated to the development of the startup industry.
The Ukrainian delegation was presented for the first time at TechBBQ 2022. A Ukrainian stand was organized on the development of the Ukrainian technological ecosystem.
Eight of the best Ukrainian startups, previously selected at a special Pitch Day by the Ukrainian Startup Fund (USF) together with TechBBQ and GIST, had the opportunity to present their projects and innovative potential of Ukraine on the world stage:
- S.Lab produces a truly green packaging that consists of only two plant based components, that are hemp and mycelium. This packaging is a natural replacement of polystyrene (or styrofoam) and is 100% biodegradable, after the usage it will fully decompose in just 30 days.
- GIOS is an interactive TikTok-style Math platform and tutoring marketplace for К12 students and teachers.
- Akurateco is a Payment Orchestration Platform, a brandable, white-label solution allowing users to own the end-to-end ready-to-use PCI DSS gateway.
- i3 Engineering is an innovative company in the fields of Smart Home and Automation solutions manufacturing. This product is a complete solution for Smart Home projects and business’s automation, which consists of the controllers mounted on a DIN-rail, software and mobile application.
- zeely.app is a mobile application (SaaS, Freemium) for business promotion with convenient marketing tools for non-marketers.
- SmartZavod is the world’s first fully automated multifunctional machine tool, that supports auto changing of 9 totally different tools for professional printing and has the continuous printing function for advanced and engineering materials.
- Qela App is an adaptive tool for designing and conducting political or social campaigns, movements, and advocacy, to increase their efficacy. Qela uses a voting system and gamification mechanics for supporters’ motivation management. Qela provides leaders and campaign managers with information that enables them to improve campaigns on the go based on analytics and communicate with their supporters better daily.
- AirLaw.Pro is a data-driven, proactive claim service for air passengers. It’s the first legal-tech startup helping people with canceled or delayed flights proactive way. This innovation is based on just in time, services offer providing assistance for passengers in need.
Innovative solutions, continuous pitching, participation in discussion panels, new acquaintances with foreign investors and startups — all this is about the world-famous technology exhibition TechBBQ 2022 with the participation of Ukrainian startups.
During the two days of the conference, the Ukrainian stand and unique projects of startup teams did not remain without the attention of visitors. The official startup delegation under the blue and yellow flag once again surprised the international community with its diversity and sustainability.
In particular, as part of TechBBQ 2022, a special discussion panel was held on the IT ecosystem of Ukraine and the challenges faced by the Ukrainian Tech industry in wartime. The participants of the event also discussed partnership opportunities for the development of the global startup ecosystem.
Ukrainian Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary of Ukraine to the Kingdom of Denmark Mykhailo Vydoynyk expressed his support for Ukrainian startups, communicating with each team and helping to find potential investors.
During the conference, the Ukrainian Startup Fund also held working meetings with representatives of the Alliance of Democracies Foundation, SSAP – Sony Startup Acceleration Program Europe, Antler: Early Stage Venture Capital Firm regarding cooperation and funding opportunities for Ukrainian startups. The organization of joint projects is expected ahead.
TechBBQ 2022 is a two-day event mainly aimed at gathering and rejuvenating the ecosystem of European startups through the creation of networks of like-minded professionals, and most importantly, connecting startups in search of funding and investors searching for new business opportunities.