Shahed Catcher: in less than two days, Ukrainians have collected 150 million for an anti-drone system
In less than two days, UAH 150 million have been collected for the powerful anti-drone system Shahed Catcher.
This was announced by Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Digital Transformation Mikhail Fedorov in Telegram.
“In less than two days, UAH 150 million for a powerful anti-drone system were collected by Monobank, Lachen and UNITED24,” he said.
According to Fedorov, the goal was to raise 100 million
“But thanks to your cosmic support, half as much mono fell on banks. Thank you for each donation. One thousand exclusive bracelets from the last pre-war batch of Azovstal with the inscription “I believe in the Armed Forces of Ukraine”, 100 personally signed by Valery Zaluzhny, will be drawn soon,” he declared.
- In mid-August, it became known that the Russian Federation had acquired a thousand drones from the Iranian side, in particular, kamikaze drones. Officially, Iran continues to deny the provision of drones to the Russian Federation.
- According to Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky, according to Ukrainian intelligence, in general, Russia ordered 2,400 drones from Iran.
- The defenders of Ukraine shot down the first Iranian drone on September 13 in the Kharkiv region. And on September 23, Ukrainian anti-aircraft gunners shot down a Mohajer-6 strike drone, now this unmanned aerial vehicle is used by the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
- On October 10 and 11, Russian troops massively attacked Ukraine. In addition to various types of missiles, kamikaze drones were also used. The enemy sent drones to Kryvyi Rih to attack critical infrastructure, in the Vinnytsia region they attacked a thermal power plant.
- On October 14, on the Day of Defenders and Defenders of Ukraine, on the initiative of United24, Monobank, and volunteer Igor Lachenkov, a fundraiser was launched for the purchase of the Shahed Catcher, a drone countermeasure system that will help destroy enemy unmanned aerial vehicles.