Winners of the 4th National Film Critics Award “Kinokolo” have been announced. This year, all the films that critics have recognised as the best are made with the support of the State Agency of Ukraine for Cinematography.
The winner of the 4th national award “Kinokolo” was the picture “Stop-Zemlia” by Kateryna Gornostai. The film received awards in five nominations, including the Best Feature Film.
The winners of the 4th National Film Critics Award “Kinokolo” are:
- The best feature film is “Stop-Zemlia” by Kateryna Gornostai
- Best Documentary – “This Rain Will Never Stop” by Alina Gorlova
- Best Short Feature Film – “Dad’s Sneakers” by Olga Zhurba
- Best Animated Film – “Unnecessary Things” by Dmitry Lisenbart
- Opening of the year – “Stop-Zemlia” by Kateryna Gornostai
- Best Director – Kateryna Gornostai, “Stop-Zemlia”
- Best Actor – Vitaly Salii, “I work in the cemetery”
- Best Actress – Maria Fedorchenko, “Stop-Zemlia”
- Best Screenplay – Kateryna Gornostai, “Stop-Zemlia”
- For achievements – Denis Budanov for “Digital archiving of the national film process: Presentation of domestic films, film festivals, critical publications in the main film bases of the network.”
Organisers of the Kinokolo Award: Union of Film Critics of Ukraine, Association “Promotion of Cinema Development in Ukraine – Watch Ukrainian!” and Arthouse Traffic with the support of the State Cinema. The Kinokolo Film Award Committee includes film critics of FIPRESCI; Ukrainian film critics and journalists. The award committee has 45 specialists.
The award ceremony of the National Film Critics Award “Kinokolo” took place on the opening day of the jubilee, 5th film festival “Kyiv Critics’ Week”. The organiser of the festival is Arthouse Traffic, with the support of the Ukrainian State Film Agency.