To the Women’s Rights Day, Takflix released a collection of Ukrainian short animations “The Secrets Girls Kept”
What do girls talk about when no one is around? This collection of contemporary animations called The Secrets Girls Keep will reveal almost all of them. It consists of five short vibrant animations by young Ukrainian female directors.
The fantasy story about a body-positive mermaid Deep Water will give you a new look at female sexuality. My fat arse and I will teach you to accept and love your body like never before. The Japanese stylized animation Tiger is Strolling Around will show you how to pull yourself out of a mental hole, and Petrivka-requiem with Come outside, Masha will both present an unexpected ironic perspective on the city and urban life.
Films included in the selection
- “Come outside, Masha“ is an urban animation by Yulia Shalimova about Masha, who finds the online world more attractive.
- “Deep Water“ is a fabulous animation by Anna Dudko about hidden female sexuality. A lonely mermaid falls in love with a man, realizes that she can no longer live without him, and comes to his apartment.
- “Petrivka-requiem“ is an animation by Kateryna Voznytsia about the de-communization of the capital. The film shows a moment of topographical confusion against the backdrop of change.
- “My fat arse and I“ is an animation by Elizaveta Pysmak, where the topic of eating disorders is raised.
- “Tiger is Strolling Around“ is stylized as a Japanese animation directed by Anastasia Falileeva. The heroine decides to end it once and for all, but the Tiger comes to the rescue.
The selection can be viewed for UAH 195. The organizers promise to donate 10% of each ticket to the Come Back Alive Foundation and 50% to the filmmakers.