Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine Roman Leshchenko called the adoption of bill No. 2194 on amendments to the Land Code of Ukraine, to improve the farmlands reform.
According to the Minister, the implementation of land reform will become a real indicator of changes for the better in the country.
Now the right to dispose land has been transferred to local communities finally and irrevocably. From now on, the State Service of Ukraine for Geodesy, Cartography and Cadastre is only a service organisation, the most deregulated, with the elimination of corruption powers in land management.Roman Leshchenko, Minister of Agrarian Policy and Food of Ukraine
The Minister said that bill No. 2194 provides for the reform of the management system in the field of land relations and the removal of artificial restrictions on economic activity to simplify access to land resources for the population and business; cancellation of unnecessary permits and duplication of checks of land management documentation; as well as introduction of independent control over land management documentation through public expertise or peer review.
According to him, other key points of the document are:
- the provision of the status of public, open and public data to the information contained in the documentation on land management;
- integration and unification of land management, topographic, geodetic and cartographic activities;
- introduction of professional liability insurance for land management workers as an alternative to state control;
- reducing the cost of work and the length of time spent on the implementation of procedures related to land management;
- and reducing the risk of bribery and corruption.
This is a historically fateful event, one of the most important laws in my life, which confirms the inevitability of land reform, for which I am responsible in our State.Roman Leshchenko
As reported, the Verkhovna Rada approved amendments to the Land Code and other laws to improve the management and deregulation system in land relations.