Ukrainian Institute, together with the Nordisk Panorama Film Festival and the French company Newen Studios, invited Ukrainian directors and producers to submit their documentary film projects to the Nordisk Panorama Film Festival.
Applications were accepted until 28 August inclusive.
7 film projects were selected. Teams consisting of a director and a producer from each project will have the opportunity to present their films to European producers. The documentary projects applying should be looking for international co-production possibilities and must be in the production or post-production stage.
Selected documentary projects
- A bit of a stranger, director Svitlana Lishchynska, producers Anna Kapustina, Oleksandra Kravchenko
- Displaced, director Olha Zhurba, producer Darya Bassel
- Flowers of Ukraine, director Adelina Borets, producers Glib Lukianets, Natalia Grzegorzek
- Lagoons. Battle for Paradise, director Serhiy Lysenko, producer Anna Kapustina
- Listening to the world, director Yelizaveta Smith, producer Olga Beskhmelnytsina
- The blessed ones, director Andrii Lysetskyi, producers Gennady Kofman, Olga Beskhmelnytsina, coproducer Uldis Cekulis
- The Shadows, director Polina Kelm, producer Valeria Sochyvets
About Nordisk Panorama Film Festival
Nordisk Panorama Film Festival is a significant event in the Nordic and European film industry, offering audiences and film professionals the best of the newest Nordic Short and Documentary films together with a range of industry events for the past 32 years. This year’s Film Festival in Malmö, Sweden, will take place on 22-27 September.
In addition to pitching their projects, Ukrainian teams will get a chance to participate in other industry events offered by the festival. In particular, familiarise themself with the grant opportunities of the Nordic region and Germany. As well as, to have individual meetings with European producers for consultations or to discuss potential cooperation. The festival covers transportation to and from Sweden, accommodation, and daily expenses.