“2023 is the year of our Victory.” This was stated by the Deputy Chief of the Main Directorate of Intelligence of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, Major General Vadym Skibitsky, during an interview with the Ukrinform.
We have highlighted the main points of this interview.
- It is expected that even now, there will be a more active use of airborne troops on the part of the Russian Federation.
- February-March, there will be active combat operations in the Donetsk and Luhansk areas.
- There is a possibility of a repeated attempt by the occupiers to enter Ukrainian territory through the border in the Kupyansk direction.
- A powerful information campaign is being conducted against our state to stretch our forces and intimidate the population.
- The longer the hostilities last, the more experience the enemy gains: if a year ago it was BTGr, battalion tactical groups, now they have returned to the classic scheme – brigade, regiment, battalion.
- The Russians are trying to carry out assault actions at the expense of delivering powerful artillery strikes to completely destroy Ukrainian defense positions.
- The shortage of high-precision cruise missiles such as Kalibr, X-101 and X-555 forced the Russian Federation to use anti-aircraft missiles for attacks.
- The Russians do not produce as many weapons as they lose them.
- The occupiers were supposed to finish combat coordination on the first of December, but they finished it on the first of January.
- Among the possible actions to neutralize the activities of “Wagner” are sanctions, blocking of financial flows, and restrictions on the supply of weapons.
- In the Russian Federation, they declare that “Wagner” is a private company, although they do not have a law on private military companies.
- Russian mercenaries agree to fight for 200-250 thousand rubles a month;
- The Russians, who are on the front line, do not want to fight, do not want to go on the offensive, many of them try to maim themselves or receive a light wound in order not to return to the front.
- Russia has dispersed strategic aviation to various airfields, including the Far East;
- Today, the threat and in general, the rhetoric of the use of nuclear weapons is not as relevant as it was at the beginning of autumn. The measures of the international community regarding nuclear safety facilitated this.
The Main Directorate of Intelligence deliberately released its open information to society:
- proving the message that intelligence understands everything that is happening;
- a signal to the enemy that we know about their plans;
- to counter hostile disinformation and propaganda.