Document in Diia for foreigners: permanent and temporary residence permit
The Ministry of Digital Transformation is expanding the functionality of Diia for foreigners. An electronic permanent or temporary residence permit is now available in the application. Now citizens of other countries do not need to carry a plastic card with them. The document will always be at hand in the smartphone.
In order for the document to be displayed in Diia, you need to have:
- biometric residence permit issued since April 2018;
- identification number (RNOKPP);
- a smartphone with an NFC chip;
- bank account for authorization via BankID
How to get a residence permit in Diia:
- log in to the application;
- scroll through the documents to the end and click “Add document”;
- select “Permanent (or temporary) residence permit” and click “Next”;
- press the “Read” button and point your smartphone at the code on the back of your ID card, scan it;
- confirm your identity with a photo – that’s it.
Permits for permanent and temporary residence will be available among documents in Diia. Also, citizens of other countries will be able to create Diia.Signature in the application and use other services in Diya.
The service was developed by the Ministry of Digital Transformation, the Ministry of Internal Affairs of Ukraine, and the State Migration Service of Ukraine.