Germany supports Ukraine in the field of culture and information policy
On April 14, the Minister of Culture and Information Policy of Ukraine Olexandr Tkachenko met with the Minister of State for Culture and Media of Germany Claudia Roth.
Germany stressed its unwavering stance on the importance of moving the 45th session of the UNESCO World Heritage Committee from Kazan, russia.
It was also an initiative to include the historical area of Odessa in the UNESCO World Heritage List. The Minister invited his German colleagues to assist Ukraine in drafting a nomination dossier for the application.
Olexandr Tkachenko also voiced a clear and unchanging list of requirements for urgent support for Ukraine:
Regarding information resistance:
- imposing sanctions on kremlin propaganda channels;
- a call to block the kremlin’s mouthpieces from broadcasting via the French satellite Eutelsat;
- broadcasting of ukrainian broadcasters in Germany;
- financial and technical support of the national marathon of United News.
Regarding cultural heritage and creative industries:
- direct financial assistance for digitization of cultural heritage and launch of the register;
- support for representatives of the creative industries by providing funding for grants from the Ukrainian Cultural Foundation and the Ukrainian Book Institute;
- assistance in the creation of a pan-European fund for the restoration of damaged cultural heritage sites of Ukraine through the Great Restoration programme.