Six Ukrainian institutions were included in the world ranking of universities and research institutions
Photo: Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv
The Center for World University Rankings (CWUR) has published a list of the best educational and research institutions in 2022-2023. Five Ukrainian research institutions and one institution of higher education were included in the publication from Ukraine. Minister of Education and Science Serhii Shkarlet announced in his Telegram channel.
19,788 institutions were ranked, and those that placed at the top made the Global 2000 list.
“Five powerful Ukrainian research institutions and one university are among the best in the world. Among them is the Kharkiv Institute of Physics and Technology, which was under fire from the russian occupiers in March and bravely survived, protecting Ukraine and the world from environmental catastrophe,” said Serhii Shkarlet.
Ukrainian institutions included in the Global 2000 list:
- National Science Center Kharkiv Institute of Physics and Technology (KIPT) – 1120 position in the world ranking;
- Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv – 1472 position in the world ranking;
- Institute for Nuclear Research of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine – 1709 position;
- V.M. Glushkov Institute of Cybernetics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine – 1740 position;
- Institute for Scintillation Materials of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine – 1898 position;
- N.N. Bogolyubov Institute for Theoretical Physics of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine – 1899 position according to the world rating.
The CWUR rating system uses holistic counting – rather than minimum scores or thresholds – to assess an organization’s performance against its mission, vision, and goals. The CWUR rating system is a comprehensive audit of the institution’s activities. The world’s best higher education institutions have been evaluated by CWUR on the basis of submitted data and/or an independent audit on the basis of publicly available information, and their current rankings are published at the link.