Employees of the Security Service exposed and detained members of the FSB Russian interregional agent network, which provided the enemy with information about military and strategic objects throughout Ukraine.
Its leader turned out to be a resident of Odessa. He was recruited by the FSB of the Russian Federation and received the pseudonym “Professor”.
To fulfill the tasks of the Russian special service, he created an extensive agent-informant network involving residents of other regions, who received monetary rewards.
Thus, he became a resident, looking for a potential agent for the FSB, ready to perform the task of gathering information and adjusting the fire.
The Russian special service was interested in information on the location of decision-making centers and strategic objects of critical infrastructure in the regions of Ukraine.
In the course of the special operation, the SBU documented the facts of the “Professor” receiving and completing FSB tasks related to the collection of intelligence on:
- air defense forces and anti-ship complexes and artillery in the Odessa region;
- strengthening and specificity of the SBU facilities in the Odessa region and OK “South”;
- social and political situation in Odessa.
There are also documented facts of repeated receipt of monetary rewards, video and photo shooting of the locations of military units, for which the “Professor” purchased a special gadget at the expense of the FSB.
SBU special agents detained the “Professor” on the “hot spot” – during reconnaissance of the Odessa military administration.
One of the agents of this network in the Ivano-Frankivsk region has also already been detained.
- He received an order from his FSB supervisor to collect data on:
- locations of military facilities on the territory of the region;
- movement of military equipment of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the direction of the front;
- location and mode of checkpoints;
- location and activity of regional “decision-making centers”.
Currently, the issue of notifying them of suspicion under Part 2 of Art. 111 (treason) of the Criminal Code of Ukraine.
Investigations are ongoing. The entire circle of persons involved in this network is being established, and measures are being taken to bring them to justice.
The network was exposed and neutralized by SBU employees in the Odessa and Ivano-Frankivsk regions under the procedural guidance of the Odessa and Ivano-Frankivsk regional prosecutor’s offices.