Update on the situation in the energy sector as of 20:00 February 27
27 Feb, 2022
Source: Communications Department of the Secretariat of the CMU
- The unified energy system of Ukraine works stably, isolated from the energy system of Russia and Belarus. The frequency is maintained at 50 Hz, the actual amount of reserves is provided. Power consumption in the power system is 13.6 GW.
- The European Union's energy ministers will tackle the synchronization of the Ukrainian and European energy systems at an extraordinary meeting on February 28. Tomorrow’s agenda encompasses: energy security of Ukraine and the EU, synchronization of Ukraine with our network and sanctions. ENTSO-E will be asked to support emergency power system synchronization as soon as possible.
- The Chancellor of Germany Olaf Scholz noted the need to refuse from Russian gas and switch to liquefied natural gas (LNG) from the United States.
- Atomic generation operates in 9 units out of 15 with an operating capacity of 7,040 MW.
- Ukrhydroenergo operates as normal, Kyiv HPP is additionally strengthened and operates as normal, power engineers are repairing damaged lines.
- More than 3,400 transformer substations were de-energized, mainly due to damage during the hostilities, and 415 settlements were completely or partially disconnected from the electricity supply.
- In the Kyiv region, the number of power outages is increasing due to active hostilities.
At the same time, the electricity supply is being actively restored in Kharkiv, Zaporizhia, Kherson and Chernihiv regions.
- Services of Naftogaz Ukrainy Gas Supply Company LLC operate as usual. The company's contact center has processed 85 calls so far.
- PJSC Donetskoblgaz continues to work under a hard regime. Supplies to 12 high-rise buildings in the city of Toretsk have been completely restored. However, due to the fighting in Volnovakha, the gas infrastructure, which provides, in particular, the nearby settlements, has been severely damaged. Due to the destruction of gas-regulating substations, gas supply to the settlements of Stritenko and Svobodne, as well as the village of Novotroits’ke was cut off. Our colleagues continue to do their utmost to support the continued operation of the infrastructure at this time.
- Officers of the Novorozdil CHP detained an unknown man near the CHP this afternoon. He behaved strangely, watched the CHP, and when he saw the guards, he tried to escape, was detained and handed over to law enforcement. The unknown man had a map of the Lviv region with him. Law enforcement officers will find out what he was doing near the regime enterprise.
- At Novorozdilska CHP and at the Novorozdilska Electric Networks branch, security was strengthened by armed volunteer fighters. Novoyavorivska and Novorozdilska CHPs supply heat and hot water to all consumers. Residents of Novyi Rozdil and Novoyavorivsk receive uninterrupted electricity.
- Over the past 24hrs, Naftogaz Trading Gas Supply Company has fulfilled all consumer orders for the supply of natural gas.
- The company is considering the possibility of providing TPPs with natural gas as a reserve fuel in case of need. Such an insurance mechanism will help ensure the continued operation of the power system until the end of the heating season.
- JSC Ukrgazvydobuvannya continues to produce gas at all its facilities, except those located near the contact line.
- JSC Ukrtransgaz and JSC Ukrtransnafta continue to operate in normal mode.
- OJSC Kirovogradgaz operates normally without emergency situations.
- JSC "Ukrspetstransgaz" works in compliance with martial law.
- Ukraine's energy system will not return to synchronous operation with the networks of Russia and Belarus.