From 18 to 23 May 2021, Odessa will host for the first time Odessa Wine Week (OWW), which brings together leading winemakers and experts in the wine industry. The All-Ukrainian tasting competition will be held offline with a live broadcast.
One of the grand events of Odessa Wine Week will be the All-Ukrainian tasting competition Odessa Wine & Spirit Awards, which will take place on May 18-20, 2021 in an offline format with live broadcast in Ukrainian and English, so everyone will be able to follow the event. The event will be held in accordance with the rules of international competitions developed by the International Organisation of Wine (OIV).
The main goals of the competition are to promote the development of competitive Ukrainian wine products, spread the culture of wine consumption in Ukrainian society and promote Ukrainian brands in both domestic and global markets.
- The competition is open to all categories and types of wines and spirits that have been produced in accordance with the legislation of the country of origin.
- Other special wines or products based on wine and alcoholic beverages of grape and fruit origin (wine and fruit distillates) will also be admitted to the competition.
- Wines and other beverages will be grouped into categories according to the OIV regulations before the jury.
The work of the tasting commission, which consists of qualified and certified experts (WSET certificates), will take place in the laboratory of sensory analysis of the Odessa National Academy of Food Technologies, each jury member will be provided with a separate booth equipped according to standards and requirements.
The Gustos Life tasting programme with blockchain technology will be used, which excludes the possibility of changing the experts’ assessments during and after the competition. The peculiarity of the examination is the combination of the methodology of sensory analysis and the work of the jury.
The award ceremony will take place on May 20 at the Premier Hotel Odesa (official partner of Odessa Wine Week).
- GRAND PRIX category wine and spirits (over 96 points)
- Gold medal (86-95.5 points)
- Silver medal (82-85.99 points)
- Bronze medal (80-81.99 points)
- Diploma of the contestant.