Join the series of livestreams by the established AI experts and donate to the charity fund.
“AI for Ukraine” is a series of workshops and lectures held by international artificial intelligence experts to support the development of Ukraine’s tech community during the war. Yoshua Bengio (MILA/Samsung AI), Alex J. Smola (Amazon Web), Sebastian Bubeck (Microsoft), Gaël Varoquaux (INRIA), and many other well-known specialists have joined the initiative.
War is one of the most tragic types of collective human behavior, and democracy is a defense against tyranny and the key to improving people’s lives. It is essential to maintain and develop the flame of research and knowledge even in such a dark period, thinking about the post-war times and the importance of science and innovation to achieve progressYoshua Bengio
AI for Ukraine aims to:
- Provide Ukrainian talents with access to quality education in artificial intelligence
- Collect funds to support the Ukrainian people
- Involve global AI leaders in the development of the Ukrainian AI community
- Strengthen ties and expand the network of Ukrainian and international specialists
Professors from Stanford, Cornell, Berkeley, and other renowned educational institutions, along with engineers and specialists from leading IT companies like Amazon, Samsung AI, Microsoft, Hugging Face have all joined to support the initiative and host educational sessions.
- Yoshua Bengio – Professor at the University of Montreal, founder and scientific director of the Quebec Institute of Artificial Intelligence, head of the CIFAR Learning in Machines & Brains program, and one of the leading experts in the field of AI. In 2019, Yoshua was awarded the prestigious Killam Prize and in 2022, became the computer scientist with the highest h-index in the world. He is most known for his pioneering work in deep learning, earning him the 2018 A.M. Turing Award, “the Nobel Prize of Computing,” with Geoffrey Hinton and Yann LeCun.
- Alex J. Smola – VP of machine learning at Amazon Web Services, Professor at Carnegie Mellon University, and one of the world’s top experts in the field of machine learning. Alex is also a prolific and widely cited author in the academic research community, having authored and contributed to nearly 500 papers.
- Sebastien Bubeck – Sr.Principal Research Manager, leads the Machine Learning Foundations group at Microsoft Research Redmond. He has won several awards at machine learning conferences for his work on online decision making, convex optimization, and adversarial robustness.
- Gaël Varoquaux – Research director working on data science and health at Inria (French Computer Science National research). His research focuses on statistical-learning tools for data science and scientific inference. He co-founded scikit-learn, one of the reference machine-learning toolboxes, and helped build various central tools for data analysis in Python.
We are doing this educational initiative to keep our AI community going and to support the Come Back Alive Foundation. The Foundation purchases equipment that helps save the lives of the Ukrainians, including thermal imaging optics, quadcopters, cars, security, and intelligence systems. As well, they implement projects to support veterans and their rehabilitation.AI For Ukraine